Piggyback labels are also known as multiply labels and they consists of two labels, one on top of the other.
They are commonly used for:
- Promotional labelling purposes
- Online return labels
- Stock control and security
Available to order on sheets or rolls.
Piggyback labels – also known as multiply labels – consist of two labels, one on top of the other. It is made up of a five-part laminate with:
- Two layers of adhesive – these adhesives can be of different types e.g. one layer can be permanent whilst the other layer can be removable, or they can both be the same depending on the application, see examples below. Other possible adhesives are dry peel, repositionable, extra permanent, freezer grade labels and much more.
- Two layers of printable laminate – these layers don’t have to be the same size and the bottom layer is printable so that information can be revealed when the top label is removed.
- Finally, there is the release liner.
Uses For These Labels:
For promotional purposes
An example of this is the famous Monopoly promotion at McDonald’s whereby customers remove the Game Pieces Label to reveal the prize.
As return labels for e-commerce
Similar to integrated patch labels, these labels can be used to make it simple for customers to return the goods using the pre-printed return label provided.
For stock control and security
The label would be stuck on the packaging of high-value goods (e.g. shoes, jewellery or watches) and then the top label is removed once sold and stuck to required documents so that there is a physical trail of the movement.